Tiny Forest Creation provides an opportunity for people to learn how to create their own forest in an interactive, experiential and hands-on manner. It's an interesting mix of classroom sessions and actual outdoor forest creation. At the end of the creation, you will have your own tiny forest and the skill and knowledge to create more forests on your own.
The workshop and forest creation happens in the following phases:
Phase I- Site preparation and material procurement
In this phase, we will guide you remotely or on-site to help you prepare for forest creation and will work with you to achieve the following:
- Potential Natural Vegetation (PNV) database development
- Species selection and quantification
- Soil study and analysis
- Soil nourishment material selection and quantification
- Quality checking of all consumables/non-consumables
- Material procurement
- Creating the execution design
- Selecting most appropriate tools and machinery
Phase II – Tiny Forest creation
In this phase the tiny forest gets created and covers the following:
- Train the workers and machine operator
- Earthwork and soil preparation
- Saplings' layering, arrangement and plantation
- Sapling support
- Understanding forest maintenance and monitoring
- The clients become forest creators by being involved in the entire process.
- A 200 square meter, 600 trees’ pilot forest patch gets created.
- Afforestt’s Fee: $14,000 (overseas projects) / ₹6,00,000 + applicable taxes (India).
- Travel and accommodation for 1-2 Afforestt personnel during Phase I and Phase II.
- Material, manpower and machinery for forest creation.
Terms and Conditions
- 50% of the fee is payable before phase I. Balance 50% is payable before phase II.
- A small piece of land (minimum 100 square meters) should be readily available for forest creation.
- Minimum requirements – running water, fencing, exposure to sunlight, soil availability and maintenance staff for watering and de-weeding.
If you are interested, send us an email on email@example.com. Mention 'Tiny Forest Creation' in the subject line.